Coach Mike Winters
Coach Mike Winters was born and raised in Chicago but relocated to a suburb just north of Illinois at 13 years old with his mother. Michael began playing basketball at a young age and was already making a presences in the Chicagoland area as a youth. His vision was to play for Whitney Young or Westinghouse, but was quickly shortened with his unexpected move to Zion, Illinois before high school. Now his focus was adapting to a small town with different people in a new school system. Upon arriving, Michael made an immediate impact in middle and high school earning numerous awards and finishing his senior career with a near flawless record of 28-3. Since the 7th grade Mike has played on the hardwood against some of the "Regions" most premiere talent throughout AAU, and high school. In 2005, after graduating high school and visiting several NAIA, D2 & D3 colleges, Mike committed to Milwaukee Area Tech, where he played under the tutelage of Coach Andrew Rosso before transferring into Texas Southern University as a walk-on.
Coach Mike academics played a major role in helping grow his passion for basketball; the knowledge acquired created an opportunity for him to intern at Froedtert Sports Medicine Institute in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Wanting to gain a well-rounded approach in sports training and coaching, seeking to leverage significant experience as a collegiate level coach. During the completion of his Bachelors in Science, Coaching Director Mike Winters was offered an apprenticeship at Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine Institute. He decided to use his invaluable insight learned from a history of successful training, conditioning, and coaching of men's and women's athletic disciplines to begin what is now Mike Winters Basketball Enterprises!
~Since then Mike Winters Basketball has brought more than 7+ years of extensive coaching in amateur athletics, intercollegiate competition, and sports training experience from Institutes with highlighted leadership qualities, promoting team values and the ability to work with individuals from varying backgrounds.
- Player Operations & Scout Intern, Baseline Sports Agency, 2015
- Head Coach, Yes Prep Middle School Girls & Boys Basketball, 2014-17
- Founder/ Director, Unfamiliar Talent Elite AAU Team, 2011-2017
- Performance Evaluator Intern,, Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine Institute, 2010
- Assistant Coach, Men's Intramural Basketball, Texas Southern University, 2010
- Athletic Training Intern, Froedtert Sports Medicine Institute, 2008-2010
Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, condition, and direct athletes in a variety of sports and athletic competitions.
- Utilize background in physical education to create and implement effective workout routines.
- Implement creative offensive and defensive strategies to ensuring a winning record.
- Skilled personal trainer with certifications and training in weightlifting, aerobics, speed, and agility.
- Serve as mentor to athletes offering professional guidance in athletic and academic settings.
- Perform all duties with dedication, positivity, professionalism, and integrity.